Monday, May 20, 2013

Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451 is an interesting yet odd book to read. The world described in the book is so much more different from our world. Montage is a firefighter but unlike the once you and I know , rather than put out the flames , he starts the flames and so does every other fire fighter in the community. When I read that I was just like okay this guy and every other firefighters are incendiary's. Then I kept on reading I was introduced to this world of such myopic thinking. There where no books because they where believed to have no meanings and if you're caught with a book in this "Utopian " world of theirs your house will be burned and everything in it. Soon after our introduction Montage starts to think and question the world around him. The world that Ray Bradbury has envisioned is one that scares me. The book had a few similarity's to our world, like the use of technology is almost taking over with phones, TV's, computers and in Montages society there is nothing but technology. this book makes me think about the possibility of weather or not this could happen in our world. Maybe its already happening and we just don't know it. I really cant wait to finish the book, I want to see if Montage gets the answer he has been looking for. This is a book that I would recommend to people to read. I guess the only part that I don't like at the moment would be the fact that Clarisse had to die. I thought she still had something else to give the story but her life was cut short.
Word Count:278

No comments:

Post a Comment