Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Written Reflection

In my community inquiry project I investigated the American dream in the wicker park area.My believe of what the American Dream might be for the residence was completely wrong and this challenged me to think outside the box of what other aspects of the American dream might be.I thought the American dream would be about money and big houses but I found out that the American Dream is also a dream one has for there family and that , most people really do not believe in the American dream. The American Dream has turn into an ever changing personal goal that people have to improve themselves.
This project was challenging for me because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get a different view on what the Dream is and or was about. I also wasn't sure how id get this project done and I'm quiet glad that it is over. This project thought me a few things I didn't know about my community, I always thought there were a lot of African Americans but I found out that there are mainly Caucasians that live  in my community. This project forced me to get out of my comfort zone and to actually explore my community and in doing that I learned something new.

4 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job presenting! I really liked your presentation because you had many meaningful quotes and your presentation it self was constructed very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you elaborated on how immigrants from different countries have to work harder in order to achieve the American Dream, you had a lot of good detail. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the layout of your presentation. The tree the order of the slides symbolized and helped us to understand the American Dream in your neighborhood. I also enjoyed your quotes which were very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yem,
    I liked your presentation very much. It showed how the American Dream is always changing! It probably will not be the same thing it is today in ten years. I like how you brought into perspective that the Marican Dream might now actually be a unifying 'dream' but more of a personal goal that will always be changing. It really got me thinking...

    ReplyDelete