Thursday, January 24, 2013

Scary Movie Review

The Grudge is one of my all time favorite scary movies. It was one of the few scary movies that actually scared me. It was about an in house nurse who goes to a house to treat a patient, but has she’s there she can sense that there's something not quite right about the house. While she’s at the house she learns about a curse that’s full of anger and revenge, which jumps from one person to another making them go crazy then eventually killing them. Soon after one by one, people around her where dying, not wanting to be next she tries to break the curse. The way the director created the scenery was, just perfect in my opinion. The scenes outside where light ,warm, with a hint of gloominess but when the scene changes from outside to inside the house is when it gets dark, that is when the audience understands that something scary is hiding in the corner. The fact that the director didn't show a lot of the dead girl, but showed all the curses actions made me even more scared. It made me think that even though we can’t see something doesn't mean they’re not there. Watching this movie at night, in the dark, might have made me experience it differently but I still think that it was one of the scarcest movies of all time. The movie over all was great, the actors really became there characters. The movie seemed so real. After watching this movie I couldn't sleep I had to turn on all the lights and tried my best not to fall asleep.
Word Count: 271

No comments:

Post a Comment